In this Ultimate Guide to Vaping CBD, you will learn how to vape CBD with CBD cartridges and vape pens/batteries, understand the important safety considerations for vaping CBD, and find links and resources of where to buy CBD vape cartridges and CBD vape pen batteries.
Vaping CBD is a quick-acting (1-3 minute) way to administer CBD and experience the immediate effect of calming anxiety, taming mood swings, and restoring control of your emotions.
Of course, there are many important health and safety precautions to take before getting started.
In this guide, you will learn about the benefits of vaporizing CBD, how to identify a safe, high-quality CBD vape product, and how to actually vape CBD using a CBD vape pen.
WHAT IS CBD VAPE OIL?
CBD, short for cannabidiol, is the second most abundant cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. CBD is derived from the hemp plant, which is defined as a cannabis plant containing no more than 0.3% THC.
CBD is non-psychoactive meaning it does not give the feeling of intoxication or ‘being high’.
Without the high, CBD still provides the many beneficial compounds found within the cannabis plant such as terpenes, flavonoids, and phytochemicals.
This is why more and more women are turning to CBD vape for the benefits of reduced anxiety, improved mood, better-quality sleep, more enjoyable social interactions, and more.
YOU CAN VAPE CBD?
Yes, you can vape CBD.
There are many different application methods for using and consuming CBD products ranging from sublingual tinctures, topical absorption, oral consumption of pills or edibles, and inhalation, also known as vaping.
Vaping CBD is a smokeless, low-temperature method of inhaling CBD via vaporization. There are potential benefits of vaping CBD depending on the individual, their certain circumstances, and individual health goals.
However, when choosing a CBD application method, all holistic lifestyle factors must be taken into consideration.
Vaping CBD or THC is a preferred method of consumption for many of my clients for many reasons, but can also pose major health risks if not used appropriately.
IS VAPING CBD LEGAL?
Hemp and hemp-derived CBD products were made federally legal under The 2018 Farm Bill, but it is important to check with your local state and city regulations to ensure legality.
WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS OF VAPING CBD?
While there is limited conclusive evidence of the effects of vaping CBD, there are many anecdotal reports of vaping CBD to produce similar effects typically seen with the use of CBD oil including, but not limited to:
· Pain relief
· Anxiety relief
· Depression relief
· Relaxation benefits
· Enhanced sleep quality
· Improved mood benefits
It is important to remember that CBD affects each person differently, which is why it is important to work with a trained Holistic Cannabis Practitioner when beginning to use CBD for therapeutic health and wellness purposes.
POTENTIAL BENEFITS OF VAPING CBD
· Fast Acting. Inhalation of cannabinoids has a typical onset of 1-3 minutes with a lasting duration of 1-3 hours. This is particularly important for those who are using CBD for fast-acting purposes, such as in the case of a panic or anxiety attack.
· Potentially Less Toxic. Compared to smoking raw flower or nicotine-containing products, vaping CBD may contain less carcinogenic or toxic byproducts, depending on the product you are using and the added ingredients.
· Dosing Accuracy. CBD vaping can be dosed fairly accurately in comparison to alternative oral consumption methods. This is especially important when using CBD for the management of chronic health conditions.
· Cannabinoid Retention. Compared to smoking, vaping leaves a much higher, cannabinoid retention rate ranging from 60-90%. This means there is less waste of valuable cannabinoids from vaping rather than smoking.
HEALTH DANGERS OF VAPING CBD
In recent weeks, there have been hundreds of news stories warning about the health dangers associated with vaping contaminated cannabis and nicotine products. According to CNN, a 7th person has died as a result of vaping related lung disease.
Experts are pointing to a specific culprit for the sudden onset of lung disease: vitamin E acetate which is being added to illicit marijuana products found on the unregulated market.
Because the long-term effects of vaping are unknown, and because of the lack of regulation in the marketplace, we know there is a serious potential risk associated with vaping
· A Health Danger. Vaping CBD, or any substance for that matter, is contraindicated for anyone, especially those with asthma or respiratory conditions.
· Can Cause Long Term Damage: To learn more about the health risks of e-cigarettes and vaping and their impact on the lungs from the American Lung Association, click here.
· Potentially More Toxic. Additional ingredients added to CBD vape cartridges, like the popular thinning agent propylene glycol, become carcinogenic when heated.
WILL A CBD VAPE GET YOU HIGH?
No, if you are using pure hemp-derived CBD with no added THC, vaping CBD will not get you high.
This is because CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid and does not produce an intoxicating feeling. However, some anecdotal reports indicate that vaping CBD can intensify the euphoric effects often seen with the use of CBD.
WILL VAPING CBD SHOW UP ON A DRUG TEST?
If you are using a pure broad-spectrum CBD product with no added THC, CBD will not show up on a drug test.
CBD oil can be sold as either a Full-Spectrum product or Broad-Spectrum THC-Free product, or a CBD isolate product. While the legal considerations for CBD are that the plant must contain 0.3% THC, full-spectrum products do indeed contain trace amounts of THC.
If you need to be 100% positive you will have no THC in your system, you must opt for a THC free product labeled either broad-spectrum or isolate THC free.
By EMILY KYLE, MS, RDN, CLT, HCP
Post time: Dec-19-2019